Saturday, January 19, 2013

what a wonderful life

January 4, 2013

Today I woke up around 8 am and got in the shower, brrrrr! Our hot water heater is broken. Which I thought I was prepared for.. Not. At. All. You would think the water would be lukewarm. Nope. Freezing.

Matt came over and found a bat in our kitchen sink. A nice little housewarming present from Honduras. We set him outside to reunite with his friends and family. Then we walked around Peña Blanca, went to his house for Internet and, Nick, another teacher at the school, offered us his truck. We picked up his truck and headed over to the school.

The school is larger than I had imagined, with a very open setup and surrounded by the mountains. I will be teaching second grade and received my lesson plan book from the principal, Magdelena.

We drove to a hotel near our school, Las Glorias, which is right on the lake with some absolutely breath taking views.
Drove to the resort and saw the lake, the views are so amazing.
This is where I fell in love. With the coffee. Holy moly. I could drink this for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We were pretty worn out from traveling the day before so we ventured back to Matt's place to take naps on his hammocks.

Went to D&D brewery for dinner and a couple beers, which turned out to be the best idea so far! The dinner was amazing, we all got a chicken burrito with crem (a garlic butter/ sour cream sauce) which was so wonderful accompanied with my blueberry beer, made from the pale ale and flavored with berries from the mountains in Santa Barbara. I think I'm getting a distorted view of what my meals will be like, but I'm not complaining.

We returned to our place and the other girls had arrived, we met Faye, Molly and Allison. We chatted for a bit in the kitchen and got ready for bed.

Our shower should be getting fixed soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment