Saturday, January 19, 2013

"your mountain is waiting"

The first day.... January 3, 2013.
I woke up at 4. Caught my plane at 6:30. Realized I am not a fan of the Houston airport around 8:30 am. Arrived in San Pedro Sula around noon. I slept the entire way from Houston to SAP only to wake up to the two Honduran men next to me, staring me down and handing me my papers to fill out for my visa. (If you have ever been around me in the mornings when I am just waking up you will understand how rough the was for me. I was so discombobulated and exhausted and now I had to fill out this form that for some reason was so hard for me to understand at the time)
The man handing me my sheet and pen soon introduced himself as Napoleon and I think he fixes automobiles somewhere in between San Pedro Sula and Peña Blanca (my new home). I'm also pretty sure he told me to call him so he could take my friends and I out on jet skis on Lake Yojoa. 😬
I got my bags by 1pm and found three people ( Chele, Emely and Ms. Ochoa) with a sign that read "Bienvenidos Kylie! Lake Yojoa Bilingual School" I am home.

We got some food and waited for Rose to arrive. The five of us piled into the van and made our way to the mall in the city of San Pedro Sula. Wow. The mountains were absolutely gorgeous. We walked around the mall until it was time to pick Matt up from the airport. We finally arrived home around 11 or so and all I could think was that I was so ready to get up the next morning and see my new town!


"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting... So get on your way!"


No comments:

Post a Comment