Saturday, January 19, 2013

"the best things"

January 5-12

Saturday was a day to get settled into a new routine. We went to the D&D Brewery again and Phillip and Thomas, two more of the teachers from our school joined us.
Bobby, the owner of the brewery, started a couple games of beer pong. We played with little plastic cups and birdies. Felt just like home.


Sunday was another lazy day. We all were trying to get settled into/back into a routine. My roommate Kristina arrived and we all decided we wanted to go back to the D&D


The next morning was our first day of school. I was super nervous to meet the kiddos. I was even more nervous to how they would react to me and my teaching.

My kids turned out to be wonderful. I'm obsessed with Josafat.
We spent most of the day getting to know each other. By Tuesday I knew every kid in my 2b class' names.
Halfway through the school week, the owner of our school Berta offered to take us out on the boat at Las Glorias. Below are some of the views of the stunning mountains and lake.
On Friday night we cooked family dinner. By we, I mean Kristina and Rose made us a stir fry with veggies rice and chicken from Rico's #2.
It was super delicious. We drank during dinner and ended up going to the Biker bar to get a drink after dinner. Very interesting to say the least.
We woke up on Saturday morning and Kristina and I went to D&D to meet up with Matt, Bobby and Phillip.
We left around 10 to see the Lencan Ruins about two hours away.
The ruins were super cool. We were walking on top of mounds and finding pottery that was over 3000 years old. We met up with the president of an association that worked with Harvard to excavate the ruins. he told us to meet him at his house when we were done exploring.
We drove around for about 40 minutes looking for this mans house and finally found him so we could buy a few guides from him and be on our way!
On our way home, we stopped in Copayagua for some lunch, it was such a cute little square and we went to a cafe to eat. I got some wicked tanlines on my back from my sports bra.

"You'll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut" -Dr. Seuss









No comments:

Post a Comment