Monday, January 28, 2013

Looong week, short weekend

I was hoping for some sun last weekend, so much for that thought!
We ventured up to Taulabe caves near Siguatepeque.
It was nice to see and had some gorgeous stalagmite and stalactite formations.
Afterwards, we made a quick stop for mini blueberry pies, Ice cream and cafe at Chalet del Lago. The owner invited us to get a group together to go sailing next Saturday.
This week at school was a bit crazy, we made study guides and you would think we would be able to give them to our kids on Monday. Nope. We were told on Wednesday they ran out of ink and thankfully by Thursday we had them to give to our kids.

This was the most thankful I have been for a Friday in a long time.
Phillip and Faye cooked for English Night. They decorated the place so wonderfully and had delicious food.
Saturday morning I woke up ready for coffee. Our coffee machine broke earlier this week so we've been having to use a reusable cloth coffee filter. Well, we had no coffee so I had to venture out around 7:30. They're all a little late to do things around here so I walked into a mini super as a lady was setting up shop. I grabbed some coffee and went on my way!
We have to boil water to make coffee with this filter, so I put some water on the stove... As I was picking up the pot to pour the water into the filter, the handle broke off and boiling water went everywhere. An hour after waking up, I finally had my cup of coffee.
Kristina and I went to the D&D later to do yoga and eat, and we met some wonderful people. It's so nice to be able to hear stories about their travels and where they are coming from and headed to. Everyone seems to be so laid back and happy about what they were doing and where they were going.
Sunday morning, Kristina and I went over to the D&D to grab Bobby's kayak and go to the lake. We kayaked down a canal out to the lake and floated for about two hours while working on a six pack.
I waited a bit too long to put sunscreen on and got the sunburn of my life from my forehead to my ankles!
When we got home, we had to do yoga to keep up with our thirty days straight.. This was the longest 20 minutes of yoga I have ever done.
Monday starts our week of exams! Wish me and my kiddos luck!

We have been planning Semana Santa for awhile now and finally booked our rooms in Utila, one of the Bay Islands. Shepard is going to join us and some of us are definitely getting dive certified! I cannot wait to see him and be there for a whole week!
















No comments:

Post a Comment