Monday, May 6, 2013

"I like nonsense"

As always, it's been awhile since I've posted. Since my last post, Kristina's mom and Faye's friend Kate have visited. Two weekends ago, Kristina, Matt and I went away to Tela for the weekend.

It was soooo nice to see the beach. We got there on Friday night, just in time to see the sunset. We had an amazing dinner at the hostel we were staying at and hung out on the beach for the rest of the night. We spent all day Saturday on the beach. And Sunday afternoon we took our time leaving.. It was so relaxing and fun to just get away, just the three of us.

Last weekend, we celebrated The Kentucky Derby and Cinco de Mayo! We actually had a Tres de Mayo celebration as our family dinner was Mexican themed, we drank margaritas and had a piƱata. Saturday morning we started off with an egg casserole and mimosas as we picked our favorite horses. As soon as the casserole was out of the oven, the power went out, which of course meant no Internet, resulting in no way to watch the races. We packed all of our stuff up and went over to the boys house to carry on with our celebration. I ended up picking the winner of the last two races, Wise Dan and Orb! Which resulted in the losers taking shots of whiskey and me getting a Monday afternoon off school. Hurray for me!! (My roomies don't seem too pleased with this, but a bet is a bet) ;-)
I think I'll choose the last Monday of classes. Which is now two weeks away.

You know that "two weeks notice" feeling? Well, I like to call it the "two weeks notice" feeling. It's that feeling you get and the way you act once you put your two weeks notice in at a job. It goes something like this: you start to notice and think about all the things you're going to miss, but you cannot help but think of all the things you're looking forward to.

You'd think I'd be looking forward to an abundance of things; air conditioning, a haircut, REAL FOOD (pizza, sushi, Sassys BBQ, anything Budweiser), a reliable-non-electrocuting shower, etc. All I really really want is my bed. And snuggles with my puppy and to be in the same place as Shep again. But I am going to miss these kids of mine so so much.

It started out as a good day, turned into an "I can't even hear myself think so I'm going to scream over all of you" kinda day, which slowly turned into "if you're all going to bang on your desk, I'm going to bang on mine even harder". Wish I knew how to post this video of my Omarito (as everyone likes to call him) banging on my desk and singing to me, but a picture will just have to do for now.

It felt REALLY nice to join in on their craziness. I think I'll be doing it more these next few weeks. :)


"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells" -Dr. Seuss





















No comments:

Post a Comment