Friday, February 15, 2013

Two weeks in one

I've been slacking quite a bit lately...

Since my last post I have done a couple of things....

Celebrated one of our friends birthday at a beautiful spot overlooking the sunset on the lake. A lot of the backpackers staying at his hostel joined and we enjoyed the company of people from all over the place.

Visited Copán. Although I opted out of going to the ruins because I have already seen Lencan ruins (I know they are different) and I had decided ruins aren't really my thing. Faye and I spent the better part of the weekend visiting museums. We went to an adult museum about the Mayans and a children's museum. The children's museum was awesome. I don't really know why anyone decided to have museums geared toward adults. This museum was interactive and we learned so much more. We then ventured to a wine bar and had glasses of wine while enjoying a delicious cheese plate. I looked over at the mountains surrounding us and couldn't believe this was real. Afterwards, we waited for the other girls to get back and went to a nearby resort to practice Yoga. This was another one of those, "do we honestly live here?" kind of moments.

The next week at school was devoted to reviewing and retaking the exams if anyone did poorly. I had a few kiddos that needed to retake the exams, but for the most part I got to just start the new material. The weekend finally came and I think most of us were pretty worn out. Saturday morning, Kristina and I took a tuk tuk to the local resort and laid by the pool all day. And on Sunday, Matt and I laid out in his yard. It was hard to believe that it is only the middle of February.

Later that day, Jason ( a guy who works for the D&D )and I made family dinner.
He made these amazingggggg chicken sandwiches and I made Gouda mashed potatoes and my aunt's Black Bottom Cupcakes (Devils food with cream cheese and chocolate chips inside). It was fun to make dinner for the whole family and afterwards play charades games with everyone. (Matt is amazing at acting things out)

It's so nice to have such amazing people to spend time with and "come home to".













No comments:

Post a Comment